Book recommendation Re: [FoRK] Re: anybody remember...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Wed Jul 11 04:57:30 PDT 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 2:58 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 11:23:11PM -0400, Jeff Bone wrote:
>
>> I'd much rather debate Eugen on whether the Everything list
>> constitutes a cult;  I'll take the devil's advocate side of that
>
> Religion only tongue in cheek, of course. But that area of inquiry is
> completely sterile, as long as it doesn't result in a falsifyable
> hypothesis.

Very true...  but some folks on the list (e.g. Standish) claim that
their various hypotheses are indeed falsifiable.  AFAIK nobody's
claimed that for "Quantum Immortality"...  that in particular's not a
hypotheses I'd care to test. :-)

jb