[FoRK] Douglas Adams: Is there an Artificial God?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Jul 13 10:24:55 PDT 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  I just saw:
>
>>  Like, where was all the trash?  The homeless people?  The broken
>> stuff?  The dirty banged-up cars, etc.?  Just no sense of "street."
>
>  So, ...  If that's what you're looking for, ... definitely:
>
>  http://www.darkecho.com/JohnShirley/city.html
>
>  John Shirley.  Just in general.

Absolutely.  Spinrad, too.  Shiner (much of whose stuff, I
understand, is now available online.)  All the early c.p. /
Mirrorshades guys.  That was the hallmark, of course.  But they all
got it from a few core folks / stories...

jb