[FoRK] Douglas Adams: Is there an Artificial God?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Sun Jul 15 10:12:27 PDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Matt Crawford <crawdad+fork at fnal.gov> wrote:

> Related reading: _Rainbows_End_, by Vernor Vinge.  As always, he
> extrapolates more plausibly and yet more excitingly than other SF
> writers.

Just finished reading that , good read.  I still go back to Bruner's  big
three for the slightly forward reaching spec as a benchmark, Rainbows End
his em.

I loved the Belief Circle ideas and subplots, extrapolating out that the
spook agencies are nothing more than belief circles:)-

Was it just me or did the last 20 pages read like the first 20 pages of the
next book in the series?

-tomhiggins