[FoRK] Douglas Adams: Is there an Artificial God?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun Jul 15 11:25:14 PDT 2007

On Jul 15, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> On 7/13/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>
>> immediately identifiable.  My reaction to his stuff is sort of like
>> my reaction to Portland, Oregon the first time I visited that city;
>> it was so clean --- too clean.  Like, where was all the trash?  The
>> homeless people?  The broken stuff?  The dirty banged-up cars, etc.?
>> Just no sense of "street."
>
> So you kept to the tourist areas?

Mostly the first time around;  subsequent trips have been almost
entirely to / from airport / hotel / meeting #1 in some anonymous
building, meeting #2 in some industrial park in Beaverton, etc.
Rinse, lather, repeat.  Did have a bit of a surreal "woman in red
dress" incident at the hotel I stayed in by the airport on one trip;
but enough about that. ;-) :-)

jb