[FoRK] Form factor implies application; a new class of semi-mobile devices emerges?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Mon Jul 16 11:41:27 PDT 2007

On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:39 AM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

> On 7/15/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> So, I have this hypothesis that I've been sort of knocking around for
>> about the last 13 years or so.  It's basically this:  that form
>> factor and ergonomics in a computing device imply (though not
>> entirely define) "the application."
>
>  Is "affordance" the term you are looking for?
>
>  http://www.communitywiki.org/WhatIsAffordance

"“Affordance” is a term used by perceptual psychologists."

"Application" is, on the other hand, the term of choice (for a very
similar concept) among the VC crowd, and therefore the constant
source of friction between tech-savvy entrepreneurs and their funders.

;-)

jb