[FoRK] The State of Consciousness Studies

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Mon Jul 16 18:37:18 PDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> > When people stubbornly insist that Consciousness is
> >  the same as the brain, end of story, no further explanation
> >  needed, FULL STOP, --
> >
> >  That's just wrong.
> Prove it.

  I can't prove that an absurdity is wrong.

  It's like:
  sdw:  "The letter A is the same thing as the sound of the letter A."
  lion:  "No, you're wrong."
  sdw:  "Well, prove it."

  lion: "Well, the sound of the letter A, ... it sounds like something.
          But the letter A is just a shape."
  sdw:  "I caaaaan't heaaaar youuuuuuuuu..."
  lion:  "Fuck this shit."
  sdw:  "Why do you insist on dualism?  Don't you know that was disproven?"