[FoRK] my dream mailing list software

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Jul 17 13:04:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 12:49:56PM -0700, Jared Rhine wrote:

> If we can quantify this, will you take odds on this bet?  I'd take some
> action on a 5 or 10 year bet on email obsolescence (or more precisely
> the lack thereof.)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=email+is+for+old+people&btnG=Search

I've already won, for values of young people. Since old people drop
offline, and young people become old people, the trend should be
quite obvious.

I don't know what the young people are doing, but I presume in-game
messaging it's it. Which means metaverse is next.

> No doubt any bets made should be in non-US currencies to avoid
> devaluation over the next 10 years :)  Which would maybe be another good

If the U$ tanks, the entire global economy goes down the crapper.
So EUR or thalers, they'd all be screwed.

> pool to get going...

If an email account bounces, and there is nobody to receive that, did
it actually bounce?