[FoRK] my dream mailing list software

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Tue Jul 17 13:10:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 09:20:28PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 02:09:08PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > [perceptive note about adding social cues to email]
>
> It would have been interesting and useful to have that some 10-15 years
> ago. Right now email is rapidly heading for the big bit bucket in the sky,
> and will become completely irrelevant in another 5-10 years.

Cool.  Can I have this 'til then?  Maybe we can get enough people used
to it that they bring along some of the more useful bits when they
implement asynchronous_disconnected_messaging v3.1.

Yes, I've heard an Australian nonprofit administrator comment that
IM/SMS is a far more effective way to reach youngsters than email, but I
suspect that has more to do with immediacy (and youthful impulsiveness
and short attention-spans) than choice of platform.

--
We got our son one of the old Fisher-Price pull-toy phones for
Christmas.  But it looks nothing like a contemporary phone.