[FoRK] my dream mailing list software

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Tue Jul 17 15:20:37 PDT 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Jared Rhine wrote:

> Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> Right now email is rapidly heading for the big bit bucket in the sky,
>> and will become completely irrelevant in another 5-10 years.
>
> If we can quantify this, will you take odds on this bet?  I'd take
> some action on a 5 or 10 year bet on email obsolescence (or more
> precisely the lack thereof.)
>
> No doubt any bets made should be in non-US currencies to avoid
> devaluation over the next 10 years :)  Which would maybe be another
> good pool to get going...

I'm in.  I'll take 5-year non-obsolescence all day long w/o even
breaking a sweat, and 10-year if the price is right.  All bets are
off for 20-year and beyond.  With an appropriate definition for "e-
mail" of course.  I prefer to denominate such prop bets in Tongan
pa'anga (TOP) if you please, though if pressed will also accept
Polish zlotych (PLN) or Tuvalu dollars (TVD).  Palladium dollar-
equivalents (USD) by weight also accepted.

;-)

jb