[FoRK] Protest the war and the Prez can now take your stuff.

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Jul 19 12:06:17 PDT 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 1:19 PM, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:

> This EO may be bad,

It is.

> then you can paint the last several administrations with that brush

You can.  But frankly, the last several administrations weren't
nearly as big a concern as this one, now were they?  I.e., I'm much
less concerned about this type of thing in the hands of a generally
moderate poon-hound than a delusional, power-drunk theofascist.  So
here's the other question:  why is the retort to anything that Bush
does always to point out that it bears some resemblance to something
that some previous administration has done?  That doesn't in any way
excuse or dismiss or dilute the "badness" of the thing in question;
it merely distracts at best, at worst it desensitizes us to the
problems of power.

> You just got played by political activists in the media.

Merely quid pro quo for the usual frothings of Faux News and the
radio mouthpieces.  It's nice to see the other side spinning up their
propaganda chops.

jb