[FoRK] Charting the $480 billion US spectrum giveaway

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Jul 19 18:50:21 PDT 2007

Even JAR should be fine with this bit, as significant amounts of this
happened under that bastard Clinton. ;-)

   http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070719-charting-the-480-
billion-us-spectrum-giveaway.html

As one who has previously said (and been roundly criticized for
saying) that the tragedy of the commons is that they are not owned, I
have to admit to serious misgivings about the appropriation and
preferential allocation of what is clearly a common good to private
interests in a process clearly vulnerable to serious graft.  For all
that capitalists (like me) decry the "appropriation and
redistribution of wealth" by governments, isn't this just exactly that?

jb