[FoRK] my dream mailing list software

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Sat Jul 21 02:14:18 PDT 2007

Lion Kimbro wrote on 7/20/2007 2:09 PM:
>  I can envision many features:
>
>  * wiki-like linking
>  * rooms
>  * message URL included
>  * moderators
>  * personal profiles
>  * overhearing

Any old school BBS, circa 1980.

The more things change, the more it's just fluff on top of what we've
already figured out we need. World of Warcraft is just a lame MUD with
flashy 3D graphics, but it lacks the depth the old systems had. Back
then you had to focus on the core needs, because that's all the system
could handle, and all anyone cared about so it worked out fine.

I give web 2.0 another few years before they figure that out. By then
the iPhone and related devices will have replaced laptops, which are
replacing desktops.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/