[FoRK] LED lights

Elias Sinderson <elias at soe.ucsc.edu> on Wed Jul 25 13:10:41 PDT 2007

Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
> [...] I've tried to go Halogen and/or use Compact Fluorescent Light
> Bulbs (CFL) but the light is pure white, too bright and harsh (even at
> the minimal 9W) compared to 40W soft incandescent lights. I need a
> low-lumen yellowy-orangey light that diffuses like 40W soft
> incandescents. Can't find anything out there.
Search for RGB LED -- there are a number of companies making full color
LED based lighting products (with Red, Green, and Blue LEDs in each
enclosure) that have adjustable spectrum and intensity. I've seen them
in a variety of different configurations, depending on the application,
but you could also make them yourself...
<http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/rgb.htm>

- E