[FoRK] August 2007 Update of The Second Great Depression

Bill Stoddard <bill at wstoddard.com> on Thu Aug 2 08:48:05 PDT 2007

Adam L Beberg wrote:

> Have several real skills that people would be willing to pay you to do
> if there was no electricity or running water, don't buy stuff you
> don't need (or anything from China),
Adam,
I would be interested in your opinion on Susan Shirk's new book:
http://www.amazon.com/China-Superpower-Internal-Politics-Peaceful/dp/0195306090/ref=sr_1_1/002-6139970-4611267?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186069151&sr=8-1

It's a really excellent read if you are into geo-politics and China in
particular.   Indiscriminate China bashing is not in anyones best interest.

An aside.. I've developed a taste for Chinese pop music as served up by
mandarin radio:
http://www.live365.com/stations/mandarinradio

Worth the price of a live 365 VIP membership, but I might change my mind
if I could understand the song lyrics :-).  YMMV

Bill