[FoRK] Reports from the war...

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Mon Aug 6 09:24:28 PDT 2007

Jeff Bone wrote on 8/6/2007 8:10 AM:
> The mark-to-market process is a total non-event, it's something that
> goes on constantly any time you hold an asset and need to know how much
> it's worth.  The only question --- ONLY question --- is how often you
> sample the market price and use it to revalue your asset.  The more
> constant, the better, as it allows you to continuously adjust for risk.
> If your asset manager isn't frequently (if not continuously) marking
> their investments to market and adjusting accordingly, you've got *real*
> trouble.

Well since nobody has been doing it in the debt markets for years, we've
got that real trouble now. Noone is willing to but the debt at any
price, and forclosure auctions are seeing the same problem.

Enron's accounting is going to seem honest and straightforward when all
this is over.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/