[FoRK] Toes back in the water..where to start

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Mon Aug 6 10:16:48 PDT 2007

Having done round one of getting back into the job market (acceptance that
after 3 years out of the fray I am way behind on jingosim and mucking with
newer tech) I have started up a dev server and am banging away on getting up
to speed.  Its fun to look at whats happened in the last 3 years, I am glad
some of the early lessons were taken to heart and  the of knocking the data
from the process from the pretty generated pages has been done up.

I have just this morning installed Django on an ubuntu server, so far i like
it but i can see where it would make a mess in a large scale environ. Struts
and RoR are on my list as well.

What i want to get a sense of from the fork crowd is what are the strengths
vs weaknesses of the various webfangledframeworks/mvc/whathave you options
out there.

thanks in advance

-tomhiggins