[FoRK] Toes back in the water..where to start

James Tauber <jtauber at jtauber.com> on Tue Aug 7 04:36:24 PDT 2007

On 06/08/2007, at 1:16 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> I have just this morning installed Django on an ubuntu server, so
> far i like
> it but i can see where it would make a mess in a large scale
> environ. Struts
> and RoR are on my list as well.

I've been using Django for a while now and am basing all my new
websites on it. Besides dramatically reducing idea-to-deployment time
I also love the community.

Note: I had been programming Python for eight years before I tried
out Django. If I wasn't already a Python fan-boy, Ruby on Rails may
have been more appealing. (In particular, for a Python programmer,
Ruby is cool but not necessarily worth switching to -- different
story if you're a Java programmer)

What are your concerns about mess?

James