[FoRK] [LATimes] Two Caltech pieces: 37% female enrollment, sculpture

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Tue Aug 7 10:53:55 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:30:12PM -0700, Adam L Beberg wrote:
> Rohit Khare wrote on 8/6/2007 1:45 PM:
> >And the general population of college students is now 57% female ?! Boy,
> >boys are falling out of favor -- I thought the differential was a few
> >points, not 14! -- RK
>
> I'm involved a bit in the diversity stuff here. Minorities just are not
> going grad school, even tho our undergrads are almost spot on to US
> demographics. But more to your comment, the American-born male numbers
> in college are plummeting fast. Couldn't be anything to do with all the
> synthetic estrogens in everything we eat, hormones in all the meat, etc.

Hm.  Sometimes it seems like guys are more butch than masculine these days.
All pitbulls and road-rage, no spine, nodding along to screeching
bitchqueens like Michael "Savage" or Rush Limbaugh.

Did you FoRK that bit from Salon about Bisphenol A and body weight?

Get your food from people you trust,
  Aaron