[FoRK] [LATimes] Two Caltech pieces: 37% female enrollment,
<lionkimbro at gmail.com> on
Tue Aug 7 14:07:20 PDT 2007
On 8/7/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> Lion Kimbro wrote:
> I'm not sure how well this maps to all boys in current and recent eras,
> but I've observed many boys, and some girls, that are just not
> interested [...]
There are so many different ways we could take this, right?
* Look to the effects of hormones and chemicals.
* Look to video games and the carnage of modern society.
* Look to feminism and culture.
* Look to bell curves.
* Look to loss of religion.
We could also go, ...
* Is this a bad thing? Perhaps we rush kids to college too quickly.
* Is this a bad thing? Perhaps it's better for women to rule the world.
* Is this a bad thing? Look at all the successes who fail out of college.
* Is this a bad thing? Perhaps civilization is a bad idea.
* Is this a bad thing? Perhaps self-education and working are
better before college.
So many different stories we could fit this point of data into...
More information about the FoRK