[FoRK] Reports from the war...

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Tue Aug 7 14:12:57 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Corinna Schultz <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess I bought my house just in the nick of time (closed on it back
> in April). Although, it seems like the Portland area isn't quite in
> sync (or as hot) with the rest of the nation's cities.

Well, it was a fun ride over the last 5 years. In that time we bought  3
houses  and sold 2...the first was sold about 3 years ago aftering owning it
for about 3 years. Yea that one sold really well, much love and all that, it
helped it was in a hot hood (29th 1 block off belmont in SE). The last house
we just about broke even after you factor in all the costs and fees. It took
twice as long to sell it though and the pickings were slim (ie we had to
deal with the buyers demands more so than years previous when it was a pure
sellers market). This was the house up in a hot up and budding hood in north
portland.

Now Im in Vancouver, bob help me, and this house was bought for way less
than the sale of the last house .... but its a butt load bigger by far. Sure
its in the couve, a place with no soul no community no cofee shops and a
lack of any charm...but the wife likes it and the kids got a kick ass
backyard.

Would I sell this house now? F no, the market is softer than Harvey
Firestine at a Belladona flim showing. Now is the time to learn how to make
things out of bark and grasses...and no I do not mean get a UO account.

So what part of Portland did you land in, my fuzzed brain is forgetting if I
knew where that was. The boys and I get about around the Pland, many coffe
shops make good playgrounds:).

-tomhiggins