[FoRK] [LATimes] Two Caltech pieces: 37% female enrollment, sculpture

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Tue Aug 7 14:47:58 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 01:11:36PM -0700, Lion Kimbro wrote:
> There are those who say that patriarchy and sexism were invented in order
> to trick males into working their fair share.

  I saw this interesting book that I'd like to read;

  "Why Men Earn More"

  http://www.amazon.com/Why-Men-Earn-More-Startling/dp/0814472109

  Based on my review of the Amazon's reviews:

  It's premise is that men earn more, taking on more stressful jobs,
  because they feel like they're supposed to be the providers.

  It claims that given equal labor, women actually make more than men.

  It recommends to women to aspire higher, and undertake harder
  labors, in order to earn more money.

  -- Lion