[FoRK] [LATimes] Two Caltech pieces: 37% female enrollment, sculpture

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Tue Aug 7 21:53:24 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> This is what needs fixing now.

I think fixin is probably going to be lots  of effort for little gain. I
think, hope , that as the ideas of nations get replaced by other notions of
boundaries and governance we will not only see a shift of gathering along
ideas but of intent. A nation could well be known for its aspirations in
reality rather than its pr spin fantasy of dreams. "One nation under
smarts"...now that is something that should have been put into the pledge
rather than the mid century hijaking that crammed the Christian god into it
for no other reason that political cowardness.

> Wow, have I got a book idea.  I must scurry off and outline it.

One of the things I look forward to when i get back into the workforce is
having the ability to sit and write again. I got a few outlines in me that
need to get out. I look forward to also having time again to read the work
you produce from your outline:)-

-tomhiggins