[FoRK] perseids in portland

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri Aug 10 12:38:02 PDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Corinna Schultz <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:

> For any of you in the area who have been around the block a few
> times...  will I be able to see the meteor shower from beaverton
> (there's a nice hill nearby which should allow me to see more of the
> horizon)? Is there a better location within, say 30 min radius?

You have a bunch of hills out past Aloha which should be good. Head west ,
look for hills and aim for the black as ink spots. I am not sure how much I
will be able to see here in the Couve, probably not much since the residence
here keep on the community nite light to keep away the boogey man or some
such. Back while i was living in SE it was harder to see but I got an eye
full a few times.

OMSI throws a gathering for the event,
http://www.omsi.edu/visit/planetarium/starparties.cfm

Im still debating if I am going to try to see it here in the 7.5th circle of
hell or do a trip.

-tomhiggins