[FoRK] Black Belt Bayesian vs. Authority, Fight!

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Aug 11 10:12:59 PDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Matt Jensen wrote:

> Speaking of Bayesian statistics, run, don't walk, over to Amazon
> Canada.  For some reason Jayne's monumental "Probability Theory :
> The Logic of Science" is priced at $4 (versus $49 in U.S., $80
> list).  Maybe that's why it's currently at #3 on the overall
> bestseller list!  I just bought my copy...

+1 on Jaynes.

I recently bought a replacement copy (mine walked off somehow, a sure
indicator of a book you want to keep ;-) on Amazon US at the higher
price, grrr...

Also highly recommended:  Hamming's The Art of Probability.

jb