[FoRK] Black Belt Bayesian vs. Authority, Fight!

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Aug 11 20:27:37 PDT 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 12:59 PM, Jef Allbright wrote:

> On 8/11/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>
>> I recently bought a replacement copy (mine walked off somehow, a sure
>> indicator of a book you want to keep ;-) on Amazon US at the higher
>> price, grrr...
>
> Just another reason why I keep all my books in digital form.  Even
> accounting for the half hour I spent on this particular book (in
> addition to scanning and OCRing) to type all the section headings as
> PDF bookmarks.

I'm reasonably certain at my rate of book acquisition and
assimilation plus the backlog I'd have to process, this isn't yet
practical for me.

Now maybe if I outsourced the scanning operation...

OTOH I could just wait lazy-web style for the Vinge-esque shredder /
copier / decent OCR combo device...

Also, agreed w/ Eugen on the lack of ideal reading devices.

jb