[FoRK] Numbers: first impressions

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Sun Aug 12 18:25:29 PDT 2007

Jeff Bone wrote on 8/12/2007 3:15 PM:
> The "multiple, named tables per page" concept is very powerful.  The
> expression language includes table-column-row qualified symbolic
> references to cells, for example, rather than saying something like
>
>   =B3
>
> you can say
>
>   =August Cash

Excel does this, but I doubt many people know how, it's like 14 mouse
clicks to name and then use something.

> Numbers is slow.  Part of this, I'm sure, is my now-obsolete 1.25 GHz /
> 2GB PowerBook G4, but it's more than I would expect.

It is. Mine is the same. On the Intel 8-core everything is zoom. I'd
also warn all the PPC people out there not to put OSX 10.5 on a PPC
machine, it's going to suck kinda bad. Stay with 10.4. I need to downgrade.

> I hope Apple and Google get together on this;

Wow, I really never would have taken you for the "Government should take
my data and spy on me please" type. Google isn't even pretending to be
separate from DHS anymore.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/