[FoRK] Numbers: first impressions

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Sun Aug 12 19:24:41 PDT 2007

Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2007, at 8:25 PM, Adam L Beberg wrote:
>
>>> I hope Apple and Google get together on this;
>>
>> Wow, I really never would have taken you for the "Government should
>> take my data and spy on me please" type. Google isn't even pretending
>> to be separate from DHS anymore.
>
> Tsk tsk, haven't you assimilated the Transparent Society / Panopticon
> meme, yet?  Resistance is futile...
>
> I for one welcome our graph-theoretic data-mining overlords... ;-)
>
> The best defense against the death of privacy:  just let it all hang
> out.  (Welcome to FoRK! ;-)
Yep.  And make sure that there's lots of it.

I was just thinking two days ago:

I don't get spam, I get cover traffic.

I've used the same email address since 1992.

Tracking and analyzing my data flows (and storage) would be an expensive
proposition.

I seem to have many trackers thoroughly confused: I get a strange (or
comprehensive) mix of contradictory advertising / literature offers /
political postal mailings.  Far left, far right, various mid and special
interest groups, AARP (!), etc.

sdw