[FoRK] perseids in portland

Corinna Schultz <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> on Sun Aug 12 19:29:53 PDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Elias Sinderson <elias at soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:
>  especially if
> the viewing is towards a more densely populated area (looking E, in the
> case of Beaverton). As such, I would highly recommend getting outside of
> town, but preferably not further West because Perseus will be rising in
> the East (and the light pollution from Portland would still have a
> measurable impact on the show)...

This was my main concern. If I didn't have to be in to work on Monday,
I probably would go to the beach or something (maybe just on the west
side of the mountains), and stay the night.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be cloudy. I get the feeling that
astronomy-type people in Portland are frequently frustrated.

-Corinna