[FoRK] XP Updates needed for a fresh install: Over 146 updates, over 410MB

HK Pang <hkpang at gmail.com> on Tue Aug 21 08:11:27 PDT 2007

My Dell Optiplex GX1 SFF P3-450 consumes only 25W of electricity (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_power_dissipation) This little piece
of hardware has been performing admirably since 1999, with all
original components (onboard network, video, sound). It runs almost
silent and can fit almost anywhere. It must have browsed millions of
web pages and processed billions of packets. It killed half of dozens
of mices and keyboards and outlasted 3-4 monitors. It has lived its
life as NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP. At the rate it is going, it
is probably going to outlast my 1994 Acura integra, which is on its
3rd set of tires and still deliver 30+ miles per gallon while emitting
less pollution than 90% of the vehicles on the road.

You can get one for about $130
(http://www.pcliquidations.com/item.asp?id=1450) . But I won't sell
mine to you, it's a family heirloom that has served 3 generations.