[FoRK] Agreeing to agree

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Tue Aug 21 23:03:37 PDT 2007

  Jeff,

  I think that's a horrible, horrible, horrible dirty paper
  that you've posted, and I am frustrated to find that I've
  given it as many minutes of thought as I have.

  I should have stopped after the first page, knowing,
  "nothing good can come of this."

  It was posted here by you, so, I gave it my time and
  consideration.  But, ...   No...

  This isn't good...

  {;D}=

  My own thought, are that:
  Yes, there are honest disagreements.
  I know it, because I've seen it first hand.

  I suspect that the words "honest," "disagreement,"
  and the phrase "honest disagreement" mean something
  different to me, and most people, though,
  than they do to the author.

  I'd be happy (for a time) to argue this with anyone who proposed
  to argue the opposite side.

  -- Lion, Disciple of Fairy Tales