[FoRK] Agreeing to agree

James Tauber <jtauber at jtauber.com> on Wed Aug 22 19:08:53 PDT 2007

Actually both buyer and seller are receiving more value than they are
giving otherwise they wouldn't trade.

The subjective theory of value seems so obvious to me I find it
remarkable that people from Adam Smith to Karl Marx didn't see it.

Although often associated with the Austrian school (which I have
strong sympathies for), Demokritos of ancient Greek atomic theory
fame suggested it back in his day.

James