[FoRK] Subjective value

James Tauber <jtauber at jtauber.com> on Thu Aug 23 17:03:20 PDT 2007

Except that by introducing X, you're introducing a third object (most
likely some means of exchange like money).

If I'm placing a value of X units of money upon an object, what that
is really saying is I value the things I think I can get for X units
of money more than I value what I'm willing to give up.

So I would contend value is still a partial ordering of pairs of
things, specific to an individual and not some function (specific or
general) from something to an integer X.

James