[FoRK] hmm...

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Tue Aug 28 00:37:34 PDT 2007

Ian Andrew Bell wrote on 8/27/2007 5:24 PM:

> On 27-Aug-07, at 3:37 PM, Bill Humphries wrote:
>
>>> 1) A massive terrorist attack is going to take place before Sept. 21
>>> to tank the markets, OR;
>>
>> Okay, this doesn't pass my idiot plot test. Why doesn't the FBI talk
>> to this guy about the source of his inside information.
>
> Because the source of his inside information is reaching him via the tin

The volume on this one is up to 11. True but not true for those reasons.

The US economy is just F'd beyond all disbelief and the rest of the
world is just maneuvering out of the way, and positioning to make money
off it. This may take a couple weeks, and things are likely to look all
sunny before the axe drops. An truly phenomenal amount of money is being
moved around so that all the toxic stuff is in old ladies 401k and
firefighters pensions not in the bankers pockets. It's easy to watch the
flows, and it's right out of Ghostbusters II, rivers of slime. China is
spending it's worthless dollars so fast it's hard to count anymore.

August numbers are going to be bloody as hell. People taking money out
of their homes via a funny-business mortgage stopped dead the first week
of August. Unfortunately, that amount pretty much accounted for 100% of
US economic activity, since there was nothing else left to spend. It's
been all debt for a while now, the rich have it all. Now the credit card
balances are rising like crazy, the only credit people have left to draw
on, and that too will stop shortly as the banks realize it's happening.
We've run over the cliff, looked down, but everything is fine.

At least when (not if anymore) we go into Iran, they have more then
enough firepower to kick the crap out of the US forces and sink every
ship in the gulf in a couple minutes, so that war will be a fast one.
Gas will be $50 a gallon, and we'll have no electricity or running
water, but at least we'll have someone else to blame so it's not
Cheney's fault - the terrorists did it, not the kleptocrats! Ironically
when this is all over, the US will be the fundamentalist totalitarian
police state, and Iran the thriving democracy.

I think all the really rich and important (measured by richness) people
are already prepared, if not they are dumping assets onto the suckers
buying into this rebound now, so no rich people will be harmed. God
bless America, may she rest in peace.

... Or we can just negotiate to sell the country to China outright. To
bad they are far to educated to buy a lemon, the Europeans have been
know to buy a bridge tho ;)

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/