[FoRK] Gibson's Spook Country

Paul Jimenez <pj at place.org> on Thu Aug 30 14:10:09 PDT 2007

On Thursday, Aug 30, 2007, "Ken Meltsner" writes:

>Frankly, if it weren't for DRM issues, I'd strongly consider buying
>all my new books in electronic format.  Well, DRM and the relatively
>limited selection (and backlist).

I've basically made myself this promise and have stuck to it for my
fiction (SF, mostly) reading - I buy only non-DRM ebooks that I can turn
into HTML so I can stick them on my webserver (yes, password protected)
and read them on my cellphone.

>The best info source for ebook junkies, by the way, appears to be
>www.mobileread.com

I've used fictionwise.com and webscriptions.net to good effect.

  --pj