[FoRK] how do you sell a used gun?

Corinna Schultz <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> on Sun Sep 2 08:17:36 PDT 2007

I'm sure the laws vary from state to state, but since I've never owned
a gun I have no idea how to think about this. Here's the situation:
Among other problems we had with these people, one of our tenants just
happened to be a drug dealer. (Plus they damaged the new laminate
floor! grr!). Our on-site manager said that the police were watching
them, and told them they had to leave. Engaging in illegal activity
would have been a violation of our lease anyway, so this saves us from
having to evict.

Texas law says that if a property has been abandoned then the landlord
can take the tenants' posessions. I don't know for sure if they have a
gun, or what kind. But I kind of want to be prepared should I need to
dispose of it in some way.

Sop how do you get rid of a gun in Texas? Can you just put a
classified ad? Go to a pawn shop? Give it to the police?

Is it even ethical to try to sell a gun when there's a reasonable
possibility that it will be used for nefarious purposes?

-Corinna