[FoRK] how do you sell a used gun?

Corinna Schultz <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> on Mon Sep 3 12:04:55 PDT 2007

Wow, I didn't expect such a range of responses. I guess you guys don't
have anything to do over the weekend... :)

I have a very small experience with guns. My father used to let me
target shoot his rifle, and I fired his handgun a couple of times.
This was when I was a teenager, so it's been a while.

Well, I talked to our property manager, and luckily the tenants came
back and took all their stuff, so I don't have to worry about it. I
think they were dealing in pot. Pot is very common in the rio grande
valley because it's pretty cheap. (My students were incredulous when I
once mentioned that I'd never seen the stuff and probably wouldn't
recognize the smell if one of them brought some.) I would think if
they were doing anything serious like meth, the police would have been
more involved.

Call me prejudiced, but my impression of the valley and its
inhabitants is that there's a high probablity of a criminal of one
sort or another (gang, drug dealer, illegal, etc) shopping for a good
deal on a weapon by looking in the classified or in a pawn shop.
Granted, I don't have any statistics, so what do I know, just a gut
feeling. Hunting is very common, but I don't know how common it is to
have handguns there.

Well, we have a vacancy now... 2BR 1BA, duplex, fenced yard, central
AC, garage. $550/mo no pets.  :)

-Corinna