[FoRK] how do you sell a used gun?

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Mon Sep 3 13:21:17 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 02:44:21AM +0000, Russell Turpin wrote:
> Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org>:
> >.. even though cars kill ~1.5x as many Americans as guns do..
>
> Most of those gun deaths are suicide. Many people don't seem to realize
> that we have more suicides in this nation than homocides. And it pisses
> me off that they are lumped together, as if they were somehow equivalent.

Sorry to hear that it offends you.  Most auto deaths are accidental and
most gun deaths are intentional, so they're not equivalent either.  It's
what happens when you focus on the tool instead of the user or the use*.

It was interesting to look at the chart at the bottom of
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/osp/charts.htm

Back to playing with Python,
  Aaron

*Any resemblance to other perennial FoRK discussions is totally accidental.