[FoRK] Turning Japanese...i really think so

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Tue Sep 4 12:41:22 PDT 2007

I think it is all Verizon's [insert your local Baby Bell] fault.  They
strenuously dug their heels in as they lobbied to be allowed to kill off
all DSL players trying to cope with their crap lines.  Now they are
slowly installing fiber, but not supporting fixed IPs or IPv6 or
anything modern to actually make reasonable or commercial use of it.  If
we don't get network neutrality, we're screwed.  In fact, I would
require IPv6 and fixed IP addresses with portability immediately if I
were proposing legislation.

In the tradition of AT&T "packet switching will never work" (which
probably delayed the Internet 5-20 years), they suck.  If this disparity
continues much longer, Japan et al will own immersive cyberspace and
we'll be stuck in an anime virtual world for decades.

sdw