[FoRK] The Mac Nano lives!!!

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Wed Sep 5 16:46:09 PDT 2007

The iPhone, minus the $1,920-$3,720 fee for AT&T phone that won't work
in my house or at my work anyway. I'm in WiFi 24/7 minus a couple
minutes of commuting when I'm busy dodging Mexican drivers and old
people on 280 (oh how I wish wasn't).

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

It should have 3rd party apps in about 24 hours. Soon as the
NSA-enhanced version of VoIP runs on it, I'm buying one. It _is_ missing
the camera, but I have one of those, and on the iPhone it's facing the
wrong way for video conferencing anyway - oops. Should have an audio-in
hack soon too, since that's going to be critical.

However... this device does something I hope the media "gets". It makes
crystal clear that phone service is costing you $1,820-$3720 over 2
years when VoIP would work just as well for most people.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/