[FoRK] Well this can't be good.

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Sat Sep 8 11:40:19 PDT 2007

Guess it's a done deal, you have been assimilated.

-----

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57502
PREMEDITATED MERGER
North American Union driver's license created
Logo intended to standardize documentation across continent
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

New security logo on the reverse of North Carolina's driver's licenses

The first "North American Union" driver's license, complete with a
hologram of the continent on the reverse, has been created in North
Carolina.

"The North Carolina driver's license is 'North American Union' ready,"
charges William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration.

Gheen provided WND with a photo of an actual North Carolina license
which clearly shows the hologram of the North American continent
embedded on the reverse.

"The hologram looks exactly [like] the map of North America that is used
as the background for the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North
America logo on the SPP website," Gheen told WND. "I object to the loss
of sovereignty that is proceeding under the agreements being made by
these unelected government bureaucrats who think we should be North
American instead of the United States of America.

"To protest, I don't plan on applying for a North Carolina driver's
license," Gheen told WND, "even though I am a resident of the state. I
don't see how a Division of Motor Vehicles authorized in a Department of
Transportation of a state of the United States can force me to have a
license place that is designed with a North American Union insignia
printed on the backside.

"My decision not to get a North Carolina driver's license could have
very difficult consequences for me," Gheen told WND. "Without a valid
driver's license, I may not be able to drive a car, fly on an airplane,
or enter a government building."

Gheen told WND he does not have a U.S. passport.

(Story continues below)

In 2005, WND reported North Carolina was the state where illegal
immigrants go to get a driver's license, with busloads of aliens
traveling south on I-95 to get an easy ID.

The Tar Heel State's requirements to obtain a license are weaker than
those of many surrounding states.

Marge Howell, spokeswoman for the North Carolina DMV, affirmed to WND
the state was embedding a hologram of North America on the back of its
new driver's licenses.

"It's a security element that eventually will be on the back of every
driver's license in North America," Howell told WND.

Howell explained the hologram of the continent was the creation of the
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators, a tax-exempt,
nonprofit organization that, according to the group's website, "develops
model programs in motor vehicle administration, law enforcement and
highway safety."

Founded in 1933, AAMVA represents state and provincial officials in the
United States and Canada who administer and enforce motor vehicle laws.
The government of Mexico is also a member, though the individual Mexican
states have yet to join.

According to the group's website, AAMVA's programs are designed "to
encourage uniformity and reciprocity among the states and provinces."

"The goal of the North American hologram," Howell explained, "is to get
one common element that law enforcement throughout the continent can
look at on all driver's licenses and tell that the driver's license is
an official document."

Jason King, spokesman for AAMVA, affirmed the North American hologram
was created by AAMVA's Uniform Identification Subcommittee, a working
group of its members.

He explained the goal is to create a continental security device that
could be used by state and provincial motor vehicles agencies throughout
North America, including the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

King referenced a document on the AAMVA website that describes
guidelines for using the North America continent hologram as an Optical
Variable Device (OVD) that AAMVA has now licensed with private
manufacturers to produce.

AAMVA supplies member motor vehicle agencies with a quantity of North
American continent hologram OVD foils to use on their driver's licenses
and ID cards as needed.

As the AAMVA guidelines document explains, each North American hologram
OVD foil is embedded with a unique set of control numbers that permit
law enforcement electronic scanners to identify the exact jurisdiction
and precise individual authorized to hold a driver's license or ID card.

"AAMVA understands its unique positioning and the continuing role
identification security will play in helping the general public realize
a safer North America," King explained to WND in an e-mail. "The
association believes ID security will help increase national security,
increase highway safety, reduce fraud and system abuse, increase
efficiency and effectiveness, and achieve uniformity of processes and
practices."

Jim Palmer, press director for ALIPAC, told WND his group first became
aware of the hologram when Missouri State Rep. Jim Guest held a seminar
in North Carolina to protest the Real ID law.

The surprise came at a meeting July 28 on the Real ID that Palmer held
in Raleigh, N.C.

"When Rep. Guest asked participants to take out their driver's license
and see what was on it," Palmer explained, "one gentleman was a state
employee and on his license there was this hologram with the North
American continent on the back. We were all surprised to see that on a
North Carolina driver's license. Right there, that stopped the show."

Guest has formed a coalition called Legislators Against Real ID Act, or
LARI.

"I was astonished when I saw that North American hologram on the North
Carolina driver's license," Guest told WND. "I thought to myself that
the state DMV has already included this North American symbol on the
back of the driver's license without telling the people of North
Carolina they were going to do this.

"I thought right then that this was going to be the prototype for the
driver's license of the North American Union," Guest said.

"When we called the North Carolina DMV, they hedged at first," Guest
said, "but finally they admitted that, yes, there was a North American
continent hologram on the back of the license.

"This is part of a plan by bureaucrats and trade groups that act like
bureaucrats to little by little transform us into a North American Union
without any vote being taken and without explaining to the U.S. public
what they are doing," Guest argued.

King explained AAMVA's Uniform Identification Subcommittee created a
number of task forces, including the Card Design Specification that
developed the North America hologram.

"The Task Group surveyed and met with many stakeholders during the
development effort," King wrote to WND. "The Task Force gathered
information from government and non-government users of the driver's
License/ID card to determine their uses for the DL/ID card and how they
believe the card should function. In addition, the Task Group surveyed
and met with industry experts in the area of card production and
security to gather their advice, especially about the physical security
of the card."

King told WND the Task Group work was repeatedly reviewed by the UID
Subcommittee as a whole, with final approval coming from the AAMVA Board.

In 2006, WND reported Pastor Rios Sanchez, 55, an illegal alien, was
accused of killing three people, including two North Carolina State
University students and a 26-year-old, while driving drunk.

"People who think the Real ID was created to keep illegal aliens from
getting driver's licenses and IDs should come to North Carolina," Gheen
told WND. "What the North Carolina DMV is doing is creating the basis
for a continental driver's license.

"What difference does it make to North Carolina if an illegal alien gets
a driver's license?" Gheen asked. "The photo on the license creates a
close face scan that can be identified by face recognition technology,
whether the DMV admits it or not.

"Illegal aliens who get driver's licenses are just being scanned in
advance," Gheen concluded.

"Illegal aliens who get driver's licenses or IDs in North Carolina are
just being prepared for their admission into the North America Union
driver pool that North Carolina is at the vanguard of creating," Gheen
said. "That is the truth, whether the North Carolina DMV or the AAMVA
want to admit it or not."

King told WND North Carolina is the first AAMVA member jurisdiction to
use the North America hologram on a driver's license or ID card.