[FoRK] Nice Lookin' At Ya, FoRK

Ian Andrew Bell <hello at ianbell.com> on Tue Sep 11 13:07:23 PDT 2007

I FACEBOOKED UR MOM

Seriously, though, LinkedIN builds barriers between people
interacting and tries to monetize them.  50% of their development
effort (and thus expense) probably goes toward maintaining those
barriers and running the billing system.  FaceBook just lets you talk
to whomever and sells ads.  Much simpler, and their engineering is
focused on enhancing the platform, not building billing systems.

LinkedIN's business model is (now) its disadvantage.  Doh.

-Ian.