[FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Wed Sep 12 09:07:29 PDT 2007

On Sep 11, 2007, at 5:29 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> On 9/10/07, Sat N <sateesh.narahari at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Even if it is just to brag internationally about iPhone, even if you
>> just want to listen to the music on a long international flight, its
>> going to cost you.
>

> I shed one small teardrop for the poor poor bedraggled iPhoney
> users....You
> sleep with dogs you get fleas, you buy tech locked down by
> monopolistic
> ventures you get screwed. The sadness is that people still have not
> groked
> this lesson.
>
> Defective By Design, both the gear and the user it seems.

Alternatives?

OpenMoko, maybe.  Maybe.  We'll see.

As for anything less thoroughly pre-integrated, not interested
anymore.  Life's Too Short.

I'll take the dog, and stock up on flea dip.

jb