[FoRK] The Grand Pageant of Spin

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Wed Sep 12 14:51:33 PDT 2007

This whole parade of propaganda over the last few days and weeks
culminating with Petraeus giving an "uncoached" and "objective"
testimony to the Senate on 9/11, with Bush subsequently "endorsing"
the "Petraeus Plan," with the repeated, unsupported assertions of
"progress" (in the vacuum of defined victory conditions) having been
increasingly played up and down the line over the last few weeks,
with anyone expressing the least bit of skepticism, critical
thinking, etc. being labeled a "left-wing extremist" and "playing
politics with the war" (IRONY!) --- it all has just reached a
crescendo that, frankly, makes me want to vomit.

Do these wingnuts really think the American people are *that*
stupid?  Do they really think we didn't learn our lesson with Colin's
reluctant testimony about Saddam's WMDs, much less the sorry "Mission
Accomplished" episode?

Bastards, all of them.

jb

PS - wasn't "General Petraeus" one of the bad guys from Planet of the
Apes?