[FoRK] Okay, I've had it! (Daily Rant vol. N, large N)

Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> on Thu Sep 13 12:31:12 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 12:54:21PM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
> Briefly:
> RMS is a freakin' crank.
>   http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;211669437
> There.  I said it.

You're not the first.  I gotta say, that article does make me want to
use a GNU-free Linux distro.  Hm, Busybox for the usual binutils, ulibc
and/or klibc insterad of glibc, build it all with TCC or lcc...
(Waitaminnit, that's starting to sound like it'd be smaller, faster and
more stable than the usual fare.)

> Maybe if he'd managed to produce a complete, usable operating system
> (no, not Emacs) in >12 years of trying, we wouldn't be having this
> discussion.  Less time playing recorder flutes to butterflies, more
> time in the kernel, neck-beard!

Hey, now, they got HURD booting for a little while there...