[FoRK] Re: Okay, I've had it! (Daily Rant vol. N, large N)

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Thu Sep 13 12:51:49 PDT 2007

> Put differently:  through the lens of history, it's clear.  People
> wanted an operating system, not a revolution.  Operating system
> development was revolutionary;  the revolutionary wasn't an operating
> system developer.

Just because Washington was a lot more conservative than Jefferson
doesn't mean he wasn't also a revolutionary. Ditto Torvalds and
Stallman, however much Torvalds may protest that characterization.

[though I would agree that much of the demand was for the OS and the
cost, not the license. Either way, a revolution happened and was run
by a revolutionary.]

Luis