[FoRK] Re: Okay, I've had it! (Daily Rant vol. N, large N)

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Sep 13 13:11:27 PDT 2007

Yes Stallman did go a long way in kicking off the great leap forward. People
wanted to love the gnu way of life, being one of them back then I can say  I
was all in for that, but aside from a few university machines where was it
doable? Then Linus comes in with a set of floppies I could tinker with for a
week and get something of use in my apartment...so Stallman's entry should
have been right around the corner. Folks waited, then waited, then the
rhetoric started in and the wait became a nasty ego wankfest. Sorry, for
that I am not all in for.

Linux did what needed doing in ways I agree with. Hurd grazed in pasture
tossing cowpies over the fence.

That is why I am sing Ubuntu Linux that happens to have some gnu apps
installed.  Stallman should be happy that he was a moving force and if he
has energy to spare he should move things forward again rather than spending
time and effort of fighting some inane branding jihad..heck he should go for
apple if that his thing:)-

I keed I keed.

Well, maybe not.

-tomhiggins