iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Thu Sep 13 16:00:43 PDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at radicalcentrism.org> wrote:
> http://www.gearlog.com/2007/09/apples_joswiak_we_dont_hate_ip.php
> > So to summarize: Apple will neither forbidnor support native code on
> > the iPhone/Touch. They will not design software updates specifically
> > to break native apps, but if the updates happen to break native apps
> > or your native apps turn your iPhone into a rutabaga, don't go
> > crying to Apple, 'cause it ain't their problem. Capiche?

Apple may be saying that in public but I'll eat my shorts if their
contract with AT&T doesn't require them to be actively working on
solving the problem as we speak.

Luis