iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Sep 13 17:36:10 PDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:

> Apple may be saying that in public but I'll eat my shorts if their
> contract with AT&T doesn't require them to be actively working on
> solving the problem as we speak.

Im harkening back to the early Kawasaki Evangelical days, back when i still
dug Apple mostly..and the hammer  fall  lessons to get all the devs to use
the proper (official) interface  design so that all apps gave all users the
same level experience of  joy.

Now on the iPhone....if the idea here is to have a device that "just works"
what happens when you get folks unlocking and switching to other services,
using apps not written to the canonical ui, and in general open the "just
works" simplicity to all that messy complexity of faqs, howtos and ..perish
the thought,...technical skill. If the idea is to have a device that "just
works" so you can look so dang cool between meta-referential meetings while
munching on 8 grain micro loafs and eco friendly salmon schmere?

As the Fat Controller, Sir Topenhat, says to Thomas.."you have caused chaos
and confusion to the line"

Be a truly useful engine...tooot tooot

-tomhiggins