Luis' shorts Re: iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at radicalcentrism.org> on Fri Sep 14 08:45:55 PDT 2007

Hi Luis,

On Sep 13, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
> Apple may be saying that in public but I'll eat my shorts if their
> contract with AT&T doesn't require them to be actively working on
> solving the problem as we speak.

Okay, is there any way we can put that belief to the test?

Say, if by March 2008 -- or the next iPhone rev -- Apple hasn't done
anything to explicitly disallow third-party apps on the iPhone, then
you will in fact eat your shorts (or a reasonable facsimile thereof):

http://blog.creativethink.com/2007/07/edible-clothing.html

Conversely, if they have, then I'll buy you a new pair of designer
shorts. :-)

Fair enough?  We can use the FoRK list as the final arbiter and judge.

-- Ernie P.