Luis' shorts Re: iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Fri Sep 14 08:59:55 PDT 2007

On 9/14/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> On 9/14/07, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at radicalcentrism.org> wrote:
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > On Sep 13, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
> > > Apple may be saying that in public but I'll eat my shorts if their
> > > contract with AT&T doesn't require them to be actively working on
> > > solving the problem as we speak.
> >
> > Okay, is there any way we can put that belief to the test?
> >
> > Say, if by March 2008 -- or the next iPhone rev -- Apple hasn't done
> > anything to explicitly disallow third-party apps on the iPhone, then
> > you will in fact eat your shorts (or a reasonable facsimile thereof):
> >
> > http://blog.creativethink.com/2007/07/edible-clothing.html
> >
> > Conversely, if they have, then I'll buy you a new pair of designer
> > shorts. :-)
> >
> > Fair enough?  We can use the FoRK list as the final arbiter and judge.
>
> Can I submit pictures of the eating from the last time I said such a
> thing and lost? :)

Oh, and to be clear, like the bet on Fidel's longetivity:

http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/Week-of-Mon-20060605/041833.html

this falls into the category of 'bets I'd be happy to lose'; if I
lose, AT&T is either weaker or stupider than I thought. Either is
good; when the telcos and broadcasters die and are replaced by mesh
networks we'll all be massively better off.

Luis